In 1852, a school in Kilrane was accepted into the state system. The school was situated in what is now the car park of Kilrane Church. On the 9th of April 1923, a new school was opened. This was situated in what is now Kick Start pre-school. Local stone from St. Helens was used in the construction. The current school was built in 1980. It has expanded further since then through numerous state of the art extensions to cater for all children in the community.