In line with our aim of promoting health in our school we have developed a healthy school lunch policy.
- Help concentration and learning
- Improve overall health and wellbeing
- Mean better teeth
- Promote a balanced diet
- Reduce litter
- Are not expensive
Monday to Thursday: Lunches from the healthy list of foods.
Friday (Treat day): Lunches from the healthy list of foods
Plus ONE item from the not recommended list.
The following foods are recommended:
- Sandwich, roll, bread, crackers
- Fruit, vegetables, salad
- Milk, water, soup, pure fruit juice
- Scones, buns, brack
- Yoghurt, fromage frais, yoghurt drinks.
The following are NOT recommended:
- Fizzy drinks
- Sweets, bars, chocolates
We ask children to use a lunch box which eliminates the need for tin foil, clingfilm etc. All wrappings are brought home in the lunch box. This will reduce the amount of litter in the school.