Kilrane National School
Co Wexford Y35 RT21
Principal: Eoin Ó Donnagáin
Roll No 16605A
Telephone No: 0539133303
13th June 2018
Kilrane National School is delighted to announce that all communication from the school will now be made through “Aladdin Connect”.
Aladdin Connect is a fantastic way to enhance a school’s communication with parents and we are moving towards all communication through this App. We already use the Aladdin Schools software service (www.aladdin.ie) for administrative purposes and Connect will give you secure access to all school information and activities.
It enables you to stay connected and informed about your child’s education by:
• Ensuring that the school has your most up to date contact information.
• Keeping you apprised of your child’s attendance.
• Keeping you up to date on school and classroom news via noticeboard messages; where necessary.
• Allowing you to view what items your child has for homework today; where appropriate.
• Allowing you view your child’s report card.
• Giving you the OPTION to share, or not share, contact information with your child’s classmates’ parents via the Parent Privacy option for the class list.
• Allowing you to view your child’s latest standardised test results.
• Allowing you to view messages, calendar and monies paid.
Along with strengthening our home/school partnership, we also envisage Aladdin Connect helping the school by:
• Helping to improve attendance by allowing you to keep track of any school days your child may have currently missed, along with late arrival and early leaving information.
• Replace all class/school notes and newsletters being sent home.
• Helping teachers communicate with you when the need arises.
• Reducing costs by eliminating the need to print and send school report cards.
• No more text messages except for emergency or unexpected school closure notifications.
You can rest reassured that Aladdin Schools uses state-of-the-art security to safeguard information entered by the school and data is stored and processed in strict compliance with Irish and European data protection laws.
In the next few days, you will receive an email message containing your registration link.
Once you are registered you will be sent an email with links to download the Aladdin Connect App for your mobile device.
There will be one link per parent which will allow that parent to access information for all your children in the school from one user account.
Please do not forward this text/email or share this link as this is a unique registration code for each parent for your child/children in this school.
During registration you will choose a password that will be used in conjunction with your email address to securely access the Aladdin Connect going forward.
If you choose you may share your own contact details with other parents of children in the same class as your children, but please be reassured that this information will not be shared unless you choose to share it.
By default both parents will have access to view your child’s contact information.
If for any reason you do NOT wish to share your own personal contact information within the family circle or if you have any concerns regarding your particular family setup please contact the school office in confidence to discuss or have this facility restricted.
In preparation for this please let the school know if your email address or phone number has changed recently.
We hope that you enjoy using Aladdin Connect. We will welcome any feedback or questions you may have.
Eoin Ó Donnagáin